INDIAN ASSOCIATION FOR THE CULTIVATION OF SCIENCE
Jadavpur, Kolkata - 700032
Adv No:No: IACS/ADVT/P/7 Dated : March 06, 2017
Date:09. 03. 2017
Applications are invited in plain paper or using the form available in the website of the Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (www.iacs.res.in) for filling up 1 (one) post of Registrar*, as detailed below. The form will also be available in the Receipt & Dispatch Section of IACS on any working day.
Filled in applications along with a passport size photograph affixing on it, supporting documents in support of educational qualification, age and experience duly attested, will be received by the Receipt and Dispatch Section on any working day upto April 17, 2017. Applications may also be sent electronically to the Acting Registrar, Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Jadavpur, Kolkata 700032, in the following e-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registrar: 1 (one) Post (UR) in the Pay Band-3 of Rs.15600-39100/- and Grade Pay-Rs.7600/-. Higher Pay may also be considered for an outstanding candidate as per rules. The total emoluments at the initial of the scale will be Rs.84490.00 (approx.), and may likely be revised once 7th pay commission recommendations are implemented as per rule.
Qualification & Experience: Master’s Degree/BE/Graduate (with MBA) or equivalent with twelve years of experience in a responsible position in a reputed organization, having good knowledge about administration and finance.
Desirable: The candidates should have consistently good academic record and experience in responsible position at Government Organizations/Academic or Research Institutions/Public/Private Sectors. Incumbents having sound knowledge of the Government Rules in areas like Service matters/ Finance and Accounts/Purchase Procedures/Societies Registration/Computer based Accounting/Law etc will get preference. Appropriate weightage may be given to a candidate having degree/diploma in management or having other relevant professional qualification. Persons in the age group of 48 to 58 will be preferred.
The criteria of experience, etc. might be relaxed for exceptionally qualified candidates.
Increments may be allowed as per rule to take care of the upgraded level of activities of the institute, which may particularly cover better governance of administrative, financial and information related activities.
1. The post carries allowances, retirement and other benefits as per New Pension Scheme as are admissible to the Central Government Employees stationed at Kolkata.
2. Candidates who have not acquired the educational qualification (declaration of results) on the closing date of receipt of application shall not apply.
3. Any subsequent amendments/modifications etc on this matter will be notified in the institute website only which may be referred to by the interested candidates continuously.
4. Institute reserves the right not to fill up/cancel the post advertised without assigning any reason.
5. Candidature of the application shall be subjected to verification of testimonials at any subsequent stage.
6. Candidates may ensure that they fill in the correct information; Candidates who furnish false information are liable to be disqualified at any state of recruitment.
7. Candidates may be assessed through multiple levels screening involving reading/writing/speaking skills, if necessary.
8. Shortlisted candidates will finally be called for interview. Only such shortlisted candidates be informed individually via-e-mail and correspondence address provided by them in their applications.
9. No TA/DA shall be paid to the candidates for attending the interview.
10. Applications in respect of regular employees in Government Departments/Autonomous Bodies/PSUs should be forwarded through proper channel or NOC to be brought at the time of interview. However, those who are forwarding their application through proper channel are advised to submit an advance copy of application form well before the last date.
11. In case the last date fixed for receipt of applications is declared a holiday, next working day shall be deemed to be the last date for receiving the applications.
12. Application form (a) received after the last date or (b) incomplete in any respect or (c) any fresh enclosures received after the last date shall not be considered.
13. The candidates should send their applications in an envelope superscripted clearly “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF REGISTRAR”.
* Selection will be made through multiple-level screening including written test (for initial screening purposes only) and/or personal skill test (for initial screening purposes only), if necessary and interview as per the provisions of IACS Byelaws (available at the IACS website). The Selection Committee will have the right to cancel candidature at any time in case the qualification and experience criteria are not met.