INDIAN ASSOCIATION FOR THE CULTIVATION OF SCIENCE
Jadavpur, Kolkata - 700032
Adv No:IACS/Recruitment-Safety Consultant/2019 Dated : 09.01.2019
Date:09. 01. 2019
LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION: 11.02.2019.
Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science desires to appoint one full-time Safety Consultant on purely temporary and contractual basis initially for a period of one year. The extension of tenure and enhancement in salary will be on year to year basis, subject to the requirement of the Association and performance of the incumbent. The extension in service including the period of initial appointment will be for a maximum period of 3 (Three) years.
The Safety Consultant will have to attend to his duties at the Association on all working days, as per working hours prescribed for Institute. Besides, in order to tackle emergent situations as and when arise, he shall be required to attend the emergency and handle the situation to ensure safety of personnel, Laboratory and materials. He will also impart general and appropriate safety training to the Lab users.
The terms and conditions of appointment will be as under:-
1.Minimum Educational Qualification as Master Degree in Science/Technology with training in chemical/industrial safety and minimum 3 years experience in handling chemical and fire hazards in research laboratory/ industry.
2.Master and PhD in Science/Technology with training in chemical/industrial safety, and minimum 1 year experience in handling chemical and fire hazards in research laboratory/ industry.
(Note: The Institute reserves the right to relax the experience for deserving candidate/s".)
3.Maximum age limit should not be more than 62 years (Retired persons can also apply) of age on the last date for receipt of application.
4.Should possess sound health and be medically fit.
1. Maximum of Rs. 70,000/- per month (Consolidated and fixed), depending on qualification & experience for working individual and for retired individual maximum of Rs. 50,000/- (Consolidated and fixed) based on qualification & expertise.
2. No other compensation, apart from the consolidated remuneration, will be admissible, even if he is required to attend office on holidays and work beyond normal office hours in the interest of public service.
Leave & other benefits:-
1. At par with other contractual staff/Consultants of similar nature in the Institute.
Nature of job:-
1. Absolutely temporary and on contractual basis on a monthly Consolidated Salary specified above.
2. Will not be entitled for regular appointment or absorption at any stage of the service.
3. Will work under the supervision of the designated committee (Green, Clean and Safe Campus Committee) of the Institute.
4. The Institute reserves the right to terminate the service at any time without assigning any reason in the better interest of the Institute.
5. Normally, the service may be terminated by either of the employer or employee by giving one month's notice.
6. In case there is no extension in the service after the stipulated period of engagement, the incumbent will have no right to claim for extension and service will automatically cease from the end of the last working day.
1. Should possess valid degrees and credential certificates from the recognized University/Institution/Organization.
2. To attach all the relevant certificates duly self attested and produce the originals at the time of interview.
3. Institute will not be bound to bear any other financial or other service liabilities at any time except the consolidated salary mentioned above.
4. He /She will not be treated as a permanent employee of the Institute.
5. Eligible and interested candidates may send their applications duly typed with the latest photograph to the Registrar on his email Id firstname.lastname@example.org or by speed post or by hand in the dispatch section of the Institute on or before 11.02.2019.
6. The envelop should be super scribed on the top centre as "Application for Contractual Safety Consultant".
7. For any development, kindly keep visiting our website for the post of Contractual Safety Consultant.
Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science
2A & 2B Raja S. C. Mullick Road,
Jadavpur, Kolkata -700032
Phone : 033-2473-4971 Fax : 2473 2805 E-mail : registrar [at] iacs.res.in