Group with Prof. S. Chandrasekaran in Feb 2020
Research interests: Organic Synthesis, Chemical Biology, Drug discovery and delivery
- Synthesis of biologically important natural products and their analogues.
- Studies of small molecule modulation of Hedgehog signaling pathway in tissue culture and studies of Hedgehog dependent physiology using “zebrafish (Danio rerio) as a model organism.
- Synthesis of artificial amino acids and nucleic acids for biological probes.
- Synthesis and evaluation of antisense properties of cell-penetrating morpholino oligonucleotides in cancers targeting hedgehog signaling pathway
- Non-peptide-based molecular transporter used for drug, peptide and biomolecules delivery.
- Antisense-based therapy for the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD)
- Sinha, S.; Pattanayak, S.; Paul, S.; Nandi, B. Morpholino based antisense agent. WO 2011/018798, Granted US 9,914,745B2, date of patent March 13, 2018.
- Sinha, S.; Pattanayak, S. Substituted Internal Ologo-Guanidines As Cellular Penetrating Agents. 71/KOL/2013 dated 21 January 2013.
- Sinha, S.; Das, S.; Banerjee, T.; Paul, S. Isoquinuclidine Derivatives as Antinociceptive Agents for Pain Relief. 946/KOL/2014 dated 16.09.2014.
- Sinha, S.; Bhadra, J.; Pattanayak, S.; Kundu, J. OLIGO-GUANIDINES composed of heterocyclic rings with hydrophobic/ lipophilic group at the N-terminal based cellular transporter for effective delivery of nonpenetrable cargos in vitro and in vivo 1328/KOL/2015, 23.12.2015.
- MMTr-protected H-phosphonate monomers and MMTr-deprotection by organic acids are the right combination of morpholino oligonucleotides synthesis (Patent Application No. as 2016310