Open PhD postion: We have a fully funded open PhD position in theoretical/computational molecular biophysics. The work will involve computational studies of mechanism of copper transport via metalloproteins in biological systems. Please apply through IACS PhD application process as soon as possible. You are encouraged to send your CVs separately to me in addition to the formal application at mcsad.AT.iacs.res.in.
We are a theoretical and computational group interested in understanding structure and dynamics of complex systems using classical statistical mechanics. Our research program has an equal emphasis on development of new simulation methods and application of existing/new methods to important problems in chemistry, molecular biophysics and soft matter systems. Primary focus of our group is in the following areas.
- Development of application of multiscale simulation methods
- Development of machine learning based methods for free energy and rare event simulations
- Correlating structure, dynamics and functions for membrane proteins
- Biophysics of membrane transport proteins
- Design of complex structures by equilibrium and nonequilibrium self-assembly
- Dynamics of self-assembly in soft matter systems
- Inverse design of materials