B. Sc.(1998) : Jadavpur University (Chemistry Hons.).
M. Sc. (2001) : Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, (Spl. Inorganic Chemistry).
Ph. D. (2004) : University of Durham, UK,
(Supervisor: Prof. Judith A. K. Howard, CBE, FRS
Co-supervisor: Dr. Frank H. Allen, Executive Director,
Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre (CCDC), Cambridge, UK)
Lecturer, Department of Chemistry, Calcutta University
Faculty Fellow, Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata, India
Will be available soon.
75. A Silver Based Integrated System Showing Mutually Inclusive Super Protonic Conductivity and Photo-Switching Behaviour. S. Saha, K. S. Das, P. Pal, S. Hazra, A. Ghosh, S. Bala, A. Ghosh, A. K. Das, Raju Mondal*, Inorg. Chem., 2023, 62, 3485−3497.
74. Synthesis and combined Electrical-Magnetic and toxic dye sequestrating properties of a Cr(III)-Metallogel. K. S. Das, M. Das, S. Saha, A. Adhikary, S. Bala. P. P. Ray* and Raju Mondal*
Mater. Adv., 2023, 4, 6367–6380
73. Magnetic and Electric Properties of Pyrazole Based MOFs Grafted With Sulfonic Moiety. S. Saha, M. Das, K. S. Das, R. Datta, S. Bala, J. –L. Liu, P. P. Ray,* and R. Mondal*, Cryst. Growth & Des., 2023, 23, 1104−1118.
72. Toxic Metal-Organic Gels Using a Unique Pyridine-Pyrazole Based Ligand with Pb(II), Cd(II) and Hg(II) Salts: Multi-stimuli Responsiveness and Toxic Dye Adsorption, M. Roy*, A. Adhikary, S. Saha, R. Mondal*, Mater. Adv., 2022, 3, 7328–7338.
71. Synergistic Experimental And Theoretical Studies Of Luminescent-Magnetic Ln2Zn6 Clusters. S. Saha, K. S. Das, T. Sharma, S. Bala, A. Adhikary, G. –Z. Huang, M.-L.-Tong, A. Ghosh, B. B. Das, G. Rajaraman*, R. Mondal*, Inorg. Chem., 2022, 61, 2141−2153.
70. A Nd6 Molecular Butterfly: An Unique All-in-One Material for SMM, MCE and Maiden Photosensitized Opto-electronic Device Fabrication. K. S. Das, S. Saha, B. Pal, A. Adhikary, S. Moorthy, S. Bala, S. Akhtar, P. K. Ghosh, S. K. Singh,* P. P. Ray,* R. Mondal,* Dalton Trans., 2022, 51, 1617–1633.
69. Design of Dual Purpose Fe-metallogel for Magnetic Refrigeration and Fabrication of Schottky Barrier Diode.S. Saha, B. Pal, K. S. Das, P. K. Ghose, A. Ghosh, A. De, A. K. Das, P. P. Ray,* R. Mondal*, ChemSelect, 2022, https://doi.org/10.1002/slct.202203307
68. Fascinating Interlocked Triacontanuclear Giant Nanocages. S. Bala, S. Akhtar, J.-L. Liu, G. -Z. Huang, A. De, K. S. Das, S. Saha, M. –L. Tong* and R. Mondal* Chem. Commun., 2021, 57, 11177-11180.
67. Applying the Influence of Conformational Freedom on the Network Topologies to Induce Proton Conductivity. A. De, O. Basu, T. Basu and R. Mondal*. Cryst. Growth & Des., 2021, 21, 1461−1472.
66. Lanthanide Clusters of Phenanthroline Containing Pyridine-Pyrazole Based Ligand: Magnetism and Cell Imaging. A. De, S. Bala, S. Saha, K. S. Das, S. Akthar, A. Ghosh, G. –Z. Huang, S. Paul Chowdhuri, B. B. Das, M. –L. Tong, R. Mondal*. Dalton Trans., 2021, 50, 3593–3609.
65. Construction of a Series of Metal-Directed MOFs to Explore Their Physical and Chemical Properties. S. Akhtar, P. Singha, A. De, K. S. Das, S. Saha, S. Bala and R. Mondal*. New J. Chem, 2021, 45, 6438-6449.
64. Pyridine-Pyrazole Based Al(III) ‘Turn on’ Sensor for MCF7 Cancer Cell Imaging And Nitroaromatic Detection. S. Saha, A. De, A. Ghosh, A. Ghosh, K. Bera, K. S. Das, S. Akhtar, A. K. Das, B. B. Das, and R. Mondal*.RSC Adv., 2021, 11, 10094–10109.
63. Utilization of Counter Anions for Charge Transportation in Electrical Device Fabrication of Zn(II) Metal-Organic Frameworks. K. S. Das, B. Pal, S. Saha, S. Akhtar, A. De, P. P. Ray ⃰ and R. Mondal*. Dalton Trans., 2020, 49, 17005–17016.
62. A Free-Standing, Self-Healing Multi Stimuli Gel Showing Cryogenic Magnetic Cooling. A. Adhikary, K. S. Das, S. Saha, M. Roy and R. Mondal*. Dalton Trans., 2020, 49, 13487–13495.
61. Paradoxical Design of A Serendipitous Pyrazolate Bridging Mode: A Pragmatic Strategy for Inducing Ferromagnetic Coupling. M. Roy, A. K. Pal, A. Adhikary, A. Datta* and R. Mondal*. Dalton Trans., 2020, 49, 13704–13716.
60. Influence of Semirigidity and Diverse Binding Modes of an Asymmetric Pyridine-pyrazole Based Bis-chelating Ligand in Controlling Molecular Architectures and Their Properties. S. Bala, A. De, A. Adhikary, S. Saha, S. Akhtar, K. S. Das, M. -L. Tong and R. Mondal*. Cryst. Growth & Des., 2020, 20, 5698−5708.
58. Temperature-Induced Single-Crystal-to-Single-Crystal Transformations with Consequential Changes in the Magnetic Properties of Fe(III) Complexes. A. Adhikary,* S. Akhtar, A. Pariyar, A. S. Batsanov and R. Mondal* ACS Omega, 2019, 4, 8731-8738.
57. Designing Multifunctional MOFs Using an Inorganic Motif [Cu3(μ3-OH)(μ-Pyz)] As SBU and Their Properties. S. Akhtar, Sukhen Bala*, A. De, K. S. Das, A. Adhikary, S. Jyotsna, P. Poddar, R. Mondal*. Cryst. Crowth & Des., 2019, 19, 992−1004.
56. Designing Ferromagnetism in Cu(II) complexes using an Elusive near-orthogonal bridging mode of pyrazole ring. M. Roy, A. Adhikary, T. Debnath, A. K. Das and R. Mondal*. Polyhedron, 2019, 160, 46–52.
55. Cytidine-Derived Hydrogels with Tunable Antibacterial Activities. T. Bhattacharyya, R. Chaudhuri, K. S. Das, R. Mondal, S. Mandal, and J. Dash*. ACS Appl. Bio Mater., 2019, 2, 8, 3171-3177.
54. A novel metallogel based approach to synthesize (Mn, Cu) doped ZnS quantum dots and labeling of MCF-7 cancer cells. S. Bhowal, A. Ghosh, S. Paul Chowdhuri, R. Mondal* and B. B. Das*, Dalton Trans., 2018,47, 6557-6569.
53. Toxic metal sequestration exploiting an unprecedented low molecular weight hydrogel to metallogel transformation. A. De and R. Mondal*, ACS Omega, 2018, 3, 6022−6030.
52. Ln8 (Ln= Gd, Ho, Er, Yb) Butterfly Core Exhibiting Magnetocaloric Effect and Field-Induced SMM Behavior for ErAnalouge. S. Bala, A. Adhikary, S. Bhattacharya, M. Sen Bishwas, P. Poddar and R. Mondal*. ChemSelect, 2017, 2, 11341–11345.
51. A Complimentary XRD and Theoretical Study of Water Induced Solid State Ionic Separation of Br- and Pyrazolium: A Case for Paradoxical Cation-Water Cluster. K. S. Das, A. Goswami, P. N. Samanta, K. K. Das and R. Mondal*. ChemSelect, 2017, 2, 5288-5291.
50. A novel gel-based technique for controlled synthesis of silver nanoparticles showing efficient catalysis, mercury(II) sensing and sequestration-cum-reduction of hexavalent Chromium. S. Bala and R. Mondal* ChemSelect, 2017, 2, 389 –398.
49. Systematic study of mutually inclusive influences of temperature and substitution on the coordination geometry of Co(II) in a series of coordination polymers and their properties. M. Roy, S. Sengupta, S. Bala, S. Bhattacharya, R. Mondal*. Cryst. Crowth & Des., 2016, 16, 3170−3179.
48. Design of chiral Co(II)-MOFs and their application in environmental remediation and waste water treatment. S. Bhattacharya, S. Bala and R. Mondal*. RSC Advances, 2016, 6, 25149-25158.
47. A novel low molecular weight supergelator showing an excellent gas adsorption, dye adsorption, self-sustaining and chemosensing properties in the gel state. S. Sengupta and R. Mondal*. RSC Advances, 2016, 6, 14009-14015.
46. Co-MOF as sacrificial template: Manifesting new CoOx/TiO2 system with p-n heterojunction for photocatalytic hydrogen evolution. S. Bala, I. Mondal, A. Goswami, U. Pal* and R. Mondal*. J. Mater. Chem. A, 2015, 3, 20288-20296.
45. Construction of Polymetallic Lanthanide (Ln= DyIII, TbIII, GdIII NdIII) Cage Complexes using novel Pyridine-Pyrazole based ligands: Versatile Molecular Topologies, Luminescent Property and SMM behavior. S. Bala, M. Sen, B. Pramanik, S. Khanra K. M. Fromm, P. Poddar and R. Mandal*. Inorg. Chem., 2015, 54, 8197-8206.
44. Coordination Driven Self-Assembly in Co(II) Coordination Polymers Displaying Unprecedented Topology, Water Cluster, Chirality, and Spin Canted Magnetic Behaviour. S. Ganguly, Raju Mondal*. Cryst. Growth & Des., 2015, 15, 2211-2222.
43. Designing Functional Metal-Organic Frameworks by Imparting A Hexanuclear Copper Based Secondary Building Unit (SBU) Specific Properties: Structural Correlation With Magnetic And Photocatalytic Activity. S. Bala, S. Bhattacharya, A. Goswami, A. Adhikary, S. Konar, R. Mondal* Cryst. Growth & Des., 2014, 14, 6391-6398.
42. A novel gel-based approach to wastewater treatment-unique one-shot solution to heavy metal and toxic dye removal problems. S. Sengupta and R. Mondal*. J. Mater. Chem. A. 2014, 2, 16373-16377.
41. Synthesis, crystal structure and optical properties of naphthylbisimide-Ni complex: A framework on TiO2 for visible light H2 production. S. Bala, I. Mondal, A. Goswami, U. Pal* and R. Mondal*. Dalton Trans., 2014, 43, 15704-1577.
40. Tuning Cu(II) Coordination Polymers Derived from Bis-Pyrazole Dicarboxylate Ligand By Solvothermal C-H Bond Activation : Synthesis, Structures, Catalytic and Magnetic Properties. S. Ganguly, R. Sanyal, Raju Mondal*. Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 2014, 5874-5884.
39. Pyrazole Based Metallogels Showing an Unprecedented Colourimetric Ammonia Gas Sensing Through Gel to Gel Transformation With a Rare Event of Time Dependent Morphology Transformation. S. Bhattacharya, S. Bala, S. Sengupta, A. Goswami, S. Ganguly, R. Mondal*. Cryst. Growth & Des., 2014, 14, 2366-2374.
38. Construction of Bis-pyrazole Based Co(II) Metal-Organic Frameworks And Exploring Their Chirality And Magnetic Properties. S. Bhattacharya, A. Goswami, B. Gole, S. Ganguly, S. Bala, S. Sengupta, S. Khanra, R. Mondal*. Cryst. Growth Des., 2014, 14, 2853-2865.
37. Silver-promoted Gelation studies of an Unorthodox Chelating Tripodal PyridinePyrazole-Based Ligand: Templated Growth of Catalytic Silver Nanoparticles, Gas And Dye Adsorption. S. Sengupta, A. Goswami, R. Mondal*. New. J. Chem., 2014, 38, 2470-2479.
35. Elusive Nanoscale Metal-Organic Particles Supported Metallogel Formation Using a Non-Conventional Chelating Pyridine-Pyrazole Based Bis-Amide Ligand. S. Sengupta, R. Mondal*. Chem. Eur. J., 2013, 19, 5537 – 5541.
34. Comprehensive Study on Mutual Interplay of Multiple V‑Shaped Ligands on the Helical Nature of a Series of Coordination Polymers and Their Properties. A. Goswami, S. Bala, P. Pachfule and R Mondal*. Cryst. Growth Des. 2013, 13, 5487−5498.
32. Azide functionalized Ln-based MOFs showing selective CO2 gas adsorption and post-synthetic cavity expansion. S. Ganguly, P. Pachfule, S. Bala, A. Goswami, S. Bhattacharya and R Mondal*. Inorg. Chem., 2013, 52, 3588-3590.
31. Construction of helical networks by using multiple V-shaped mixed ligand systems. A. Goswami, S. Sengupta, R. Mondal*. CrystEngComm, 2012, 14, 561-572.
30. Construction of Co(II) coordination polymers comprising of helical units using a flexible pyrazole based ligand. S. Sengupta, S. Ganguly, A. Goswami, S. Bala, S. Bhattacharya and R. Mondal*. CrystEngComm, 2012, 14, 7428-7437.
29. Influence of Chloro….Chloro interaction and π-π stacking in 3D supramolecular framework construction. S. Sengupta, A. Goswami, S. Ganguly, S. Bala, M. Bhunia, R. Mondal*. CrystEngComm, 2011, 13, 6136-6149.
28. Construction of First Anion-Assisted Helix inside a Helix Network. T. Basu and R. Mondal* CrystEngcomm, 2010, 12, 366-369.
27. Polymorphism study of a three-component system showing encapsulation of ion pairs and a zwitterion. R. Mondal*, J. A. K. Howard. CrystEngcomm, 2010, 12, 3786-3790.
26. Construction of Extended Molecular Networks with Heterosynthons in Cocrystals of Pyrazole and Acids. T. Basu, H. A. Sparkes, R. Mondal*, Cryst. Growth & Des., 2009, 9, 5164-5175.
25. Identification of Reaction Conditions That Can Reproducibly Lead to a Particular Vertex Geometry: Quest for a Robust and Reproducible Metal-Carboxylate Non-Cluster Type SBU. T. Basu, H. A. Sparkes, M. Bhunia, R. Mondal*. Cryst. Growth & Des., 2009, 9, 3488-3496.
24. Influence of Anion on the Coordination Mode of a Flexible Neutral Ligand in Zn(II) Complexes: From Discrete Zero Dimensional to Infinite 1D Helical Chains, 2D Nanoporous Bilayer Networks and 3D Interpenetrated Metal-Oragnic Framework. R. Mondal*, T. Basu, D. Sadhukhan, T. Chattopadhyay and M. Bhunia. Cryst. Growth & Des., 2009, 9, 1095-1105.
23. Crystal engineering of zinc(II) metal-organic frameworks: role of steric bulk and angular disposition of coordination sites of the ligands. R. Mondal*, M. Bhunia, K. Dhara. CrystEngComm., 2008, 10, 1167-1174.
22. Crystal Chemistry of 1:1 Molecular Complexes of Carbamate Salts Formed by Slow Aerial Carbonation of Amines. R. Mondal*, M. Bhunia, J. Chem. Cryst., 2008, 38, 787-792.
21. A structural investigation of six solvates of trans-1,4-Bis(phenylethynyl)-cyclohexane-1,4-diol. R. Mondal* and J. A. K. Howard. Cryst. Growth & Des., 2008, 8, 4359-4366.
20. Studies of β-turn opening with model peptides containing non-coded α-amino isobutyricacid. A. Dutt, A. Dutta, R. Mondal, E. C. Spencer, J. A.K. Howard and A. Pramanik Tetrahedron, 2007, 63, 41, 10282-10289.
19. Crystallographic studies of supramolecular synthons in amine solvates of trans-1,5-dichloro–9,10-diethynyl-9,10-dihydroanthracene-9,10-diol. R. Mondal, J. A. K. Howard, R. Banerjee, G. R. Desiraju.Cryst. Growth Des., 2006, 6, 2507-2516.
18. The oxanorbornene approach to 3-hydroxy, 3,4-dihydroxy and 3,4,5-trihydroxy derivatives of 2-aminocyclohexanecarboxylic acid. B. Masesane, A. S. Batsanov, J. A. K. Howard, R. Mondal, P. G. Steel. Beilstein J. Org. Chem., 2006, 2: 9.
17. Effects of ortho- and para-ring activation on the kinetics of SNAr reactions of 1-chloro-2-nitro- and 1-phenoxy-2-nitrobenzenes with aliphatic amines in acetonitrile. M. R. Crampton, T.. A. Emokpae, C. Isanbor, A. S. Batsanov, J. A. K. Howard, R. Mondal. Eur. J. Org. Chem., 2006, 5, 1222-1230.
16. Synthon robustness and solid-state architecture in substituted gem-alkynols. R. Banerjee, R. Mondal, J. A. K. Howard, G. R. Desiraju. Cryst. Growth Des., 2006, 6, 999-1009.
15. Synthon evolution and unit cell evolution during crystallisation. A study of symmetry-independent molecules (Z’>1) in crystals of some hydroxy compounds. D. Das, R. Banerjee, R. Mondal, J. A. K. Howard, R. Boese, G. R. Desiraju. Chem. Commun., 2006, 555-557.
14. Crystal structure prediction of aminols: Advantages of a supramolecular synthon approach with experimental structures. A. Dey, M. T. Kirchner, V. R. Vangala, G. R. Desiraju, R. Mondal, J. A. K. Howard. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2005, 127, 10545-10559.
13. Pseudopolymorphism : Interrupted crystallization. R. Mondal, J. A. K. Howard. CrystEngComm., 2005, 7, 462-464.
12. Dianiline-Diphenol Molecular Complexes Based on Supramolecular Recognition. V. R. Vangala, R. Mondal, C. K. Broder, J. A. K. Howard, G. R. Desiraju. Cryst. Growth Des., 2005, 5, 99-104.
11. Variable Temperature Neutron Diffraction Analysis of a Very Short O-H….O Hydrogen Bond in 2,3,5,6-Pyrazinetetracarboxylic Acid Dihydrate: Synthon-Assisted Short Oacid-H….Owater Hydrogen Bonds in a Multicenter Array. P.Vishweshwar, N.J. Babu, A. Nangia, S.A. Mason, H. Puschmann, R. Mondal, J. A. K. Howard. Phys. Chem. A., 2004, 108, 9406-9416.
10. Crystal engineering in the aminophenols. Novel Carborundum Network in a Supramolecular Homologous Series. A. Dey, G. R. Desiraju, R. Mondal, J. A. K. Howard. Chem. Commun., 2004, 2528-2529.
9. Organic Chlorine as a Hydrogen-Bridge Acceptor: Evidence for the Existence of Intramolecular O-H….Cl-C interactions in Some Gem-Alkynols. R. Banerjee, G. R. Desiraju, R. Mondal and J. A. K. Howard. Chem. Eur. J., 2004, 10, 3373-3383.
8. A 1:1 molecular complex of 4-aminocyclohexanol and (4-hydroxycyclohexyl)carbamic acid. A. Dey, G. R. Desiraju, R. Mondal, J. A. K. Howard. Acta. Cryst., 2004, E60, 857-859.
7. Gauche and staggered forms of diethylamine in solvates of 1,5-dichloro-cis-9,10-diethynyl-9,10-dihydroanthracene-9,10-diol. A case of conformational pseudopolymorphism? R. Mondal, J. A. K. Howard, R. Banerjee, G. R. Desiraju. Chem. Commun., 2004, 644-645.
6. Leaving group effects on the mechanism of aromatic nucleophilic substitution (SNAr) reactions of some phenyl 2,4,6 trinitrophenyl ethers with aniline in acetonitrile. R. Crampton, T. A. Emokpae, J. A. K. Howard, C. Isanbor, R. Mondal. J. Phys. Org. Chem., 2003, 17, 65-70.
5. Kinetic and equilibrium studies of sigma-adduct formation and nucleophilic substitution in the reactions of 2-phenoxy-3,5-dinitropyridine and 2-ethoxy-3,5-dinitropyridine with aliphatic amines in dipolar aprotic solvents. R. Crampton, T. A. Emokpae, J. A. K. Howard, C. Isanbor, R. Mondal Org. and Biomol. Chem., 2003, 1, 1004-1011.
4. Dilemmas in crystallisation. The ‘unusual’ behaviour of 1,5-dichloro-trans-9, 10-diethynyl-9, 10-dihydroanthracene-9, 10-diol and the more ‘normal’ behaviour of its pseudopolymorphs with dipolar aprotic solvents. R. Banarjee, G. R. Desiraju, R. Mondal, A. S. Batsnanov, C. K. Broder, J. A. K. Howard. Helv. Chim. Acta., 2003, 86, 1339-1351.
3. Mapping the Geometry of Metal Three-Coordination Using Crystal Structure Data: Reaction Pathway for Ligand Addition to Linear HgII Species. F. H. Allen, R. Mondal, N. A. Pitchford and J. A. K. Howard. Helv. Chim. Acta., 2003, 86, 1129-1139.
2. Correspondence Between Molecular Functionality and Crystal Structures: Supramolecular Chemistry of a Family of Homologated Aminophenols, V. V. Rao, B. R. Bhogala, A. Dey, G. R. Desiraju, C. K. Broder, P. S. Smith, R. Mondal, J. A. K. Howard, C. C. Wilson. J. Am. Chem. Soc, 2003, 125, 14495-14509.
1. 4,4-Diphenyl –2,5-Cyclohexadienone: Four Polymorphs and Nineteen Crystallographically Independent Molecular Conformations, V. S. S. Kumar, A. Addlagatta, A. Nangia, W. T. Robinson, C. K. Broder, R. Mondal, I. R. Evans, J. A. K. Howard, F. H. Allen. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2002, 41, 3448-3851.
1. Accelerated Surface Area and Porosimetry System (Micromeritics asap 2020)
2. Rheometer (Anton Paar MCR 102)
3. Digital Precision Balances (METTLER TOLEDO)
4. High Temperature Furnace
5. Optical Microscope (Olympus)
6. Hot Air Ovens
7. Rotary Evaporator (Buchi)
Interested candidates may directly contact Dr. Raju Mondal (Email: email@example.com)