Our research interests include ultrafast excited state dynamics, energy transfer, and electron transfer in multidimensional QD, Au nanoparticles, Au clusters, C-dots, semiconducting polymer, graphene and porphyrin based luminescent nanoparticles, and up- and down- converted luminescent materials for photonic applications.
Born: April 14, 1965, Bankura, India
Ph. D. (1993): CGCRI, Jadavpur University, India
Post-Doc. (1993-1994): Tokyo University, Japan.
Post-Doc. (1994-1995): RIKEN, Japan.
Visiting Scientist (Feb.-April, 1998): The Hebrew University, Israel.
Research Associate (2000-2002): University at Buffalo, USA.
Scientist: Central Glass & Ceramic Research Institute (1996-2005)
Associate Professor: Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (2006-2009)
Professor: Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (2010-2013)
Senior Professor: Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (2014-till date)
Director: Institute of Nano Science and technology, Mohali (11th March 2020-till date)
Total Published Paper: 263
h-Index > 60
Patents filed: 2 (Indian)
Book Chapters: 5
266. Anusri Medda, Rathindranath Biswas, Saptarshi Ghosh Dastider, Soubhik Ghosh, Krishnakanta Mondal, Krishna Kanta Haldar and Amitava Patra
Heterostructures of 2D Core/Shell Nanoplatelets with 2D MoS2 as an Efficient Electrocatalyst for Hydrogen Evolution Reaction
ACS Appl. Energy Mater. 2023 (just accepted)
265. Rashi, Vishaldeep Kaur, Aarti Devi, Dipankar Bain, Tapasi Sen and Amitava Patra
Probing the Fluorescence Intermittency of Bimetallic Nanoclusters using Single-Molecule Fluorescence Spectroscopy
J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2023, 14, 45, 10166–10172
264. Dipankar Bain, Aarti Devi, Rashi, Sikta Chakraborty, Sarita Kolay, and Amitava Patra
Enhanced Luminescence in Zn+2-Induced Au14 Nanocluster Aggregates
J. Phys. Chem. C 2023, 127, 36, 18244–18251
263. Igor M. Gonçalves, Anusri Medda, Alyson J. A. Carvalho, Cecilia L. A. V. Campos, Soubhik Ghosh, Anderson S. L. Gomes, and Amitava Patra
Nonlinear Optical Properties of 2D CdSe Nanoplatelets in a Nonresonant Regime
J. Phys. Chem. C 2023, 127, 33, 16679–16686
262. Anusri Medda, Soubhik Ghosh, and Amitava Patra
Chem. Eur. J. 2023, , e202301364
261. Antika Das, Kritiman Marjit, Srijon Ghosh, Debarati Ghosh and Amitava Patra
J. Phys. Chem. C 2023, 127, 31, 15385–15394
260. Srijon Ghosh, Kritiman Marjit, Goutam Ghosh, Debarati Ghosh and Amitava Patra
J. Phys. Chem. C .
259. Goutam Ghosh, Kritiman Marjit, Srijon Ghosh, and Amitava Patra
Hot Carrier Cooling and Biexciton Dynamics of Anisotropic Shaped CsPbBr3 Perovskite Nanocrystals
J. Phys. Chem. C .
258. Debarati Ghosh, Monojit Ghosal Chowdhury, Rathindranath Biswas, Krishna Kanta Haldar, and Amitava Patra
Europium Molybdate/Molybdenum Disulfide Nanostructures with Efficient Electrocatalytic Activity for Hydrogen Evolution Reaction
ACS Appl. Nano Mater..
257. Kritiman Marjit, Goutam Ghosh, Srijon Ghosh, Debarati Ghosh, Anusri Medda, and Amitava Patra
Electron Transfer Dynamics from CsPbBr3 Nanocrystals to Au144 Cluster
ACS Physical Chemistry Au, 2023,.
256. Lipipuspa Sahoo, Aarti Devi, and Amitava Patra
Atomically Precise Ni Nanoclusters for Improving Hydrogen Evolution Reaction Performance
ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng. 2023, 11, 4187−4196
255. Aarti Devi, Harshita Seksaria, Dipankar Bain, Sarita Kolay, Rashi, Abir De Sarkar and Amitava Patra
Experimental and computational insights into luminescence in atomically precise bimetallic Au6-nCun(MPA)5 (n=0-2) clusters
Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2023, 25, 9513–9521.
254. Sarita Kolay, Subarna Maity, Sikta Chakraborty, Srijon Ghosh and Amitava Patra
The Electronegativity of the Substituent on the Surface Motifs Influences the Ultrafast Relaxation Dynamics of Ag44(SR)304- Nanoclusters
J. Phys. Chem. C 2023, 127, 3769−3777.
253. Rashi, Dipankar Bain, Aarti Devi, Sikta Chakraborty, and Amitava Patra
Cationic Polymer Functionalized Copper Nanocluster Based Fluorescent Probe for the Selective and Sensitive Detection of S2- Ions
ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng. 2023, 11, 1995−2004.
252. Hole Transfer Dynamics of 2D CdSeS Alloy Nanoplateletes for Photon-to-Current Conversion
Soubhik Ghosh, Anusri Medda, Srijon Ghosh and Amitava Patra
J.Phys. Chem. C 2022, 126, 51. 21882-21890
251. Ultrafast Relaxation Dynamics of Conjugated Polymer Nanoparticles by Tuning Their Interchain Interactions
Srijon Ghosh, Sandipan Chakraborty, Arnab Ghosh, Kritiman Marjit, Goutam Ghosh and Amitava Patra
J.Phys. Chem. C 2022, 126, 42, 18177-18187
250. Penicillamine-Capped Red-Emitting Gold Nanoclusters for Therapeutic Application
Dipankar Bain, Mimansa, Aarti Devi, Subarna Maity, Asifkhan Shanavas and Amitava Patra
ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng.
249. Charge Transfer Dynamics of Two-Dimensional Ruddlesden Popper Perovskite in the Presence of Short-Chain Aromatic Thiol Ligands
Debarati Ghosh, Kritiman Marjit, Goutam Ghosh, Srijon Ghosh and Amitava Patra
J.Phys. Chem. C 2022, 126, 34, 14590-97
248. 2D CdSe/CdS Core-Shell Nanoplatelets for High-Performance Photodetectors
Avisek Dutta^, Anusri Medda^, Soubhik Ghosh, Sumanta Sain and Amitava Patra (^Contributed Equally)
ACS Appl. Nano Mater. 2022,8, 11679-88
Subarna Maity, Sarita Kolay, Srijon Ghosh, Sikta Chakraborty, Dipankar Bain and Amitava Patra
J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2022, 13, 24, 5581-88
246. Modulating the Carrier Relaxation Dynamics in Heterovalently (Bi3+) Doped CsPbBr3 Nanocrystals
Kritiman Marjit, Goutam Ghosh, Raju K Biswas, Srijon Ghosh, Swapan K Pati and Amitava Patra
J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2022, 13, 24, 5431-40
245. Evidence of Hot Charge Carrier Transfer in Hybrid CsPbBr3/Functionalized Graphene
Goutam Ghosh, Kritiman Marjit, Srijon Ghosh, Debarati Ghosh and Amitava Patra
ChemNanoMat 2022, 8, e202200172
244. Silver Nanocluster/MoS2 Heterostructures for Hydrogen Evolution
Monojit Ghoshal Chowdhury, Lipipuspa Sahoo, Subarna Maity, Dipankar Bain, Ujjal K Gautam and Amitava Patra
ACS Appl. Nano. Mater. 2022, 5, 5, 7132-7141
243. Impacts of Dopant and Post-Synthetic Heat-treatment on Carrier Relaxation of Cu2+ Doped CdSe Nanoplatelets
Anusri Medda, Avisek Dutta, Sumanta Sain, Srijon Ghosh, Indranil Sarkar and Amitava Patra
J. Phys. Chem. C 2022, 126, 17, 7739-7747
242. Impacts of CsPbBr3/PbSe Heterostructures on Carrier Cooling Dynamics on Low Carrier Density
Goutam Ghosh, Raju K Biswas, Kritiman Marjit, Srijon Ghosh, Arnab Ghosh, Swapan K Pati and Amitava Patra
Adv. Opt. Mater. 2022, 10, 20030
241. Controlling Aggregation-Induced Emission in Bimetallic Gold-Copper Nanoclusters via Surface Motif Engineering
Sikta Chakraborty, Dipankar Bain, Subarna Maity, Sarita Kolay and Amitava Patra
J. Phys. Chem. C 2022, 126, 2896-2904
240. Self-Assembled Metal Nanoclusters: Driving Forces and Structural Correlation with Optical Properties
Sarita Kolay, Dipankar Bain, Subarna Maity, Aarti Devi, Amitava Patra and Rodolphe Antoine
Nanomaterials 2022, 12(3), 544
239. Investigation of Carrier Dynamics of QDs Using Kinetic Model and Ultrafast Spectroscopy
Bikash Jana, Srijon Ghosh, Avisek Dutta, Alexander V. Baranov, Anatoly V. Fedorov and Amitava Patra
Optical Materials: X 2021, 13, 100126 (George Blasse issue)
238. Role of Ligand on Photophysical Properties of Nanoclusters with fcc Kernel: A Case Study of Ag(SCHX)(PPh) (X = F, Cl, Br)
Anish Kumar Das, Roopesh Mekkat, Subarna Maity, Akhil S. Nair, Subhrajyoti Bhandary, Rohit Bhowal, Amitava Patra*, Biswarup Pathak, Deepak Chopra* and Sukhendu Mandal*
Inorg. Chem. 2021, 60, 19270-19277
237. Deciphering the Relaxation Mechanism of Red-Emitting Carbon Dots Using Ultrafast Spectroscopy and Global Target Analysis
Srijon Ghosh, Arnab Ghosh, Goutam Ghosh, Kritiman Marjit and Amitava Patra
J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2021, 12, 33, 8080-8087
236. Self-Assembly of Copper Nanoclusters: Isomeric Ligand Effect on Morphological Evolution
Sarita Kolay, Subarna Maity, Dipankar Bain, Sikta Chakraborty and Amitava Patra
Nanoscale Adv. 2021, 3, 5570-5575
235. Implications of Relaxation Dynamics of Collapsed Conjugted Polymeric Nanoparticles for Light-Harvesting Applications
Arnab Ghosh, Srijon Ghosh, Goutam Ghosh, and Amitava Patra
Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2021 23, 27, 14549-14563
234. Structural Analysis and Carrier Relaxation Dynamics of 2D CsPbBr3 Nanoplatelets
Kritiman Marjit, Goutam Ghosh, Srijon Ghosh, Sumanta Sain, Arnab Ghosh, and Amitava Patra
J. Phys. Chem. C 2021, 125 Years of The Journal of Physical Chemistry Special Issue
233. The Impact of Aggregation of Quaterthiophenes on the Excited State Dynamics
Srijon Ghosh, Bikash Jana, Arnab Ghosh, Dirk M. Guldi and Amitava Patra
J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2021, 12, 13, 3424−3430
232. Hot Hole Cooling and Transfer Dynamics from Lead Halide Perovskite Nanocrystals Using Porphyrin Molecules
Goutam Ghosh, Kritiman Marjit, Srijon Ghosh, Arnab Ghosh, Raihan Ahammed, Abir De Sarkar and Amitava Patra
J. Phys. Chem. C 2021, 125, 10, 5859−5869
231. One-Dimensional Silver-Thiolate Cluster-Assembly: Effect of Argentophilic Interactions on Excited-State Dynamics
Anish Kumar Das, Subarna Maity, Turbasu Sengupta, Dinesh Bista, Arthur. C. Reber, Amitava Patra,* Shiv N. Khanna,* and Sukhendu Mandal*
J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2021, 12, 8, 2154−2159
230. Recent Advances and Perspective on Colloidal Semiconductor Nanoplatelets for Optoelectronic Applications (Perspective)
Avisek Dutta, Anusri Medda, and Amitava Patra
J. Phys. Chem. C 2021, 125, 1, 20−30
229. Copper Nanocluster (Cu NC)-Based Biomimetic System with Peroxidase Activity
Subarna Maity, Dipankar Bain, Sikta Chakraborty, Sarita Kolay, and Amitava Patra
ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng. 2020, 8, 49, 18335–18344
228. Revealing Complex Relaxation Processes of Collapsed Conjugated Polymer Nanoparticles in Presence of Different Shapes of Au Nanoparticles Using Global and Target Analysis
Arnab Ghosh, Srijon Ghosh, Goutam Ghosh, Bikash Jana, and Amitava Patra
J. Phys. Chem. C 2020, 124, 48, 26165-26173
227. Electronic Band Structure and Ultrafast Carrier Dynamics of Two Dimensional (2D) Semiconductor Nanoplatelets (NPLs) in Presence of Electron Acceptor for Optoelectronic Applications
Avisek Dutta, Anusri Medda, Rajesh Bera, Ashima Rawat, Abir De Sarkar and Amitava Patra
J. Phys. Chem. C 2020, 124, 48, 26434-26442
226. Electronic Structure Modulation of 2D Colloidal CdSeNanoplatelets by Au25 Clusters for High-Performance Photodetector
Anusri Medda, Avisek Dutta, Dipankar Bain, Manish Kumar Mohanta, Abir De Sarkar and Amitava Patra
J. Phys. Chem. C 2020, 124, 19793−19801
225. Identification of Non-radiative Relaxation Processes in Alloy Nanocrystals
Rajesh Bera, Anusri Medda, Avisek Dutta, Sumanta Sain and Amitava Patra
224. Investigation of Morphology Controlled Ultrafast Relaxation Processes of Aggregated Porphyrin
Bodhisatwa Mondal, Rajesh Bera, Sandip K. Nayak, Srijon Ghosh and Amitava Patra
ChemPhysChem 2020, 21, 2196-2205.
223. Surface motifs regulated aggregation induced emission in gold-silver nanoclusters
Dipankar Bain, Subarna Maity, Amitava Patra.
Chem. comm., 2020, 56, 9292-9295
222. Ultrafast Carrier Dynamics in 2D CdSe Nanoplatelets-CsPbX3 Composites: Influence of the Halide Composition
Goutam Ghosh, Avisek Dutta, Arnab Ghosh, Srijon Ghosh and Amitava Patra
J. Phys. Chem. C 2020, 124, 10252−10260.
221. Observation and Analysis of Incoherent Second-Harmonic Generation in Gold Nanoclustures with Six Atoms
Renato Barbosa-Silva, Manoel L da Silva-Neto, Dipankar Bain, Lucas Modesto-Costa, Tarciso Silva de Andrade-Filho, Vinícius Manzoni, Amitava Patra, Cid Bartolomeu de Araujo
J. Phys. Chem. C 2020, 124, 28, 15440–15447
220. Hybrid Nanostructures of 2D CdSe Nanoplatelates for High Performance Photodetector Using Charge Transfer Process
Avisek Dutta, Anusri Medda, Rajesh Bera, Krishnendu Sarkar, Sumanta Sain, Praveen Kumar, and Amitava Patra
219. Global and Target Analysis of Relaxation Processes of Collapsed State of P3HT Polymer Nanoparticles
Arnab Ghosh, Srijon Ghosh, Gouatm Ghosh, Bikash Jana and Amitava Patra
Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2020,22,2229-2237.
218. Manipulation of the exciton diffusion length of conjugated polymer nanoparticles: Role of electron and hole scavenger molecules
Arnab Ghosh, Bikash Jana, Ajeet Kumar, Srijon Ghosh and Amitava Patra
Bull. Mater. Sci. 2020,43:174 (1-8) (invited article).
217. An Overview on Current Understanding of Photophysical Properties of Metal Nanoclusters and their Potential Applications
Subarna Maity, Dipankar Bain, and Amitava Patra
Nanoscale, 2019, 11,22685-22723 (Invited Review Article).
216. Ultrafast Energy Flow Dynamics in Conjugated Polymer Based Host-Guest Light Harvesting System
Srijon Ghosh, Arnab Ghosh, Bikash Jana and Amitava Patra
J. Phys. Chem. C 2019, 123, 26727−26734.
215. Ultrafast Relaxation Processes of Conjugated Polymer Nanoparticles in Presence of Au Nanoparticles
Arnab Ghosh, Srijon Ghosh, Bikash Jana and Amitava Patra
Chemistry - An Asian Journal, 2019, 14(24), 4681-4687; Special issue celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Chemical Research Society of India (CRSI).
214. Influence of Shape on Carrier Relaxation Dynamics of CsPbBr3 Perovskite Nanocrystals
Goutam Ghosh, Bikash Jana, Sumanta Sain, Arnab Ghosh and Amitava Patra
Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2019, 21, 19318 - 19326
213. Ultrafast Carrier Dynamics in 2D-2D Hybrid Structures of Functionalized GO and CdSe Nanoplatelets
Soma Das, Avisek Dutta, Rajesh Bera and Amitava Patra
Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2019, 21, 15568—15575.
212. Structural Insight and Ultrafast Dynamics of 2D-Porphyrin Nanostructures
Rajesh Bera, Sandipan Chakraborty, S. K. Nayak, Biman Jana and Amitava Patra
J. Phys. Chem. C 2019, 123, 15815−15826.
211. Role of Structural Distortions in Stabilizing Electrosynthesized Blue Emitting Pristine Phosphorene Quantum Dots
Manila Ozhukil Valappil, Krati Joshi, Lisa John, Sailaja Krishnamurthy, Bikash Jana, Amitava Patra, Vijayamohanan K Pillai and Subbiah Alwarappan
J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2019, 10, 973−980.
210. Subarna Maity, Dipankar Bain and Amitava Patra
Engineering Atomically Precise Copper Nanoclusters with Aggregation Induced Emission
J. Phys. Chem. C 2019, 123, 2506−2515. (MOST READ ARTICLE)
209.Dipankar Bain, Subarna Maity, and Amitava Patra
Opportunities and Challenges in Energy and Electron Transfer of Nanoclusters based Hybrid Materials and their Sensing Applications
Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2019, 21, 5863 – 5881 (Perspective, invited). (HOT ARTICLE).
208. Krishna Kanta Haldar, Rathindranath Biswas, Amitava Patra, Krishna Kamal Halder, Tapasi Sen
Au/CdSe hybrid nanoflowers: a high photocurrent generating
Gold Bulletin (2019) 52:1–7.
207. Dipankar Bain; Subarna Maity;, Tanay Debnath; Abhijit Das, and Amitava Patra
Luminescent Au6 and Au8 Nanoclusters from Ligand Induced Etching of Au Nanoparticles
Materials Research Express (Special Issue), 2019, accepted.
206. Monoj Kumar Barman and Amitava Patra
Current Status and Prospects on Chemical Structure Driven Photoluminescence behaviour of Carbon Dots
Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology C: Photochemistry Reviews 37 (2018) 1–22
205. Bikash Jana and Amitava Patra
Ultrafast Energy Transfer Followed by Electron Transfer in Polymeric Nanoantenna Based Light Harvesting System
J. Phys. Chem. C 2018, 122, 20144−20152.
204. Avisek Dutta, Rajesh Bera, Arnab Ghosh, and Amitava Patra
Ultrafast Carrier Dynamics of Photo Induced Cu Doped CdSe Nanocrystals
J. Phys. Chem. C 2018, 122, 16992−17000
203. Rajesh Bera, Avisek Dutta, Simanta Kundu, Vivek Polshettiwar, Amitava Patra
Design of CdS/CdSe Heterostructure for Efficient H2 Generation and Photovoltaic Applications
J. Phys. Chem. C 2018, 122, 12158−12167.
202. Subarna Maity, Dipankar Bain, Kalishankar Bhattacharyya, Soma Das, Rajesh Bera, Bikash Jana, Bipattaran Paramanik, Ayan Datta and Amitava Patra
Ultrafast Relaxation Dynamics of Luminescent Copper Nanoclusters (Cu7L3) and Efficient Electron Transfer to Functionalized Reduced Graphene Oxide
J. Phys. Chem. C 2018, 122, 13354−13362.
201. Dipankar Bain, Subarna Maity, Bipattaran Paramanik, and Amitava Patra
Core-Size Dependent Fluorescent Gold Nanoclusters and Ultrasensitive Detection of Pb2+ Ion
ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng. 2018, 6, 2334−2343
200. Piyali Mitra, Debanjan Dutta, Somnath Das, Tarakdas Basu, Amitava Pramanik, and Amitava Patra
Antibacterial and Photocatalytic Properties of ZnO - 9-Aminoacridine Hydrochloride Hydrate Drug Nanoconjugates
ACS Omega 2018, 3, 7962−7970.
199. Krishna Kanta Haldar, Rathindranath Biswas, Amitava Patra, Krishna Kamal Halder and Tapasi Sen
Au/CdSe hybrid nanoflowers: a high photocurrent generating photoelectrochemical cells
Gold Bulletin, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13404-018-0247-y
198. Dipankar Bain, Subarna Maity, Amitava Patra,
Nano-bio assemblies for artificial light harvesting systems
Proc. SPIE 10507, Colloidal Nanoparticles for Biomedical Applications XIII, 105070C (23 February 2018); doi: 10.1117/12.2287324; https://doi.org/10.1117/12.2287324
197. Bikash Jana, Santanu Bhattacharyya and Amitava Patra
Perspective of Dye Encapsulated Conjugated Polymer Nanoparticles for Potential Applications
Bull. Mater. Sci. (2018) 41:122 (1-10) (Review article).
196. Arik Kar and Amitava Patra
Recent Advances on the Optical Properties of Eu3+ ion in Nano- Systems
J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 18, 8047–8069 (2018) ) (Invited Review article).
195. Soumitra Satapathi , Vishal Kumar , Mrinmoy Kumar Chini , Rajesh Bera ,
Krishna Kanta Halder , Amitava Patra
Highly sensitive detection and removal of mercury ion using a multimodal nanosensor
Nano-Structures & Nano-Objects 16 (2018) 120–126.
194. Simanta Kundu and Amitava Patra
Nanoscale Strategies for Light Harvesting
Chem. Rev. (Thematic Issue, Light Harvesting), 2017, 117, 712−757.
193. Bikash Jana, Arnab Ghosh, and Amitava Patra
Photon Harvesting in Conjugated Polymer Based Functional Nanoparticles
J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2017, 8, 4608−4620 (Perspective).
192. Arnab Ghosh, Bikash Jana, Sandipan Chakraborty, Sourav Maiti, Biman Jana, Hirendra N. Ghosh and Amitava Patra
Exciton Dynamics and Formation Mechanism of MEH-PPV Polymer -Based Nanostructures
J. Phys. Chem. C 2017, 121, 21062−21072.
191. Monoj Kumar Barman, Piyali Mitra, Rajesh Bera, Somnath Das, Amitava Pramanik, Amitava Patra
An Efficient Charge Separation and Photocurrent Generation in the Carbon dot-Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles Composite
Nanoscale, 2017, 9, 6791–6799, Nanoscale 2017, 9, 17143 (correction).
190. Susmita Das, Bikash Jana, Tanay Debnath, Arindam Ghoshal, Abhijit Kumar Das and Amitava Patra
Strategy Towards Designing Semiconducting Polymer Nanoparticle –Multichomophoric Dye Assembly
J. Phys. Chem. C, 2017, 121, 4050–4059.
189. Dipankar Bain, Bipattaran Paramanik, and Amitava Patra
Silver (I) Induced Conformation Change of DNA: Gold Nanocluster as Spectroscopic Probe
J. Phys. Chem. C, 2017, 121, 4608–4617.
188. Rajesh Bera, Bikash Jana, Bodhisatwa Mondal, Amitava, Patra
Design of CdTeSe/Porphyrin/Graphene Composite for Photo-induced Electron Transfer and Photocurrent Generation
ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng. 2017, 5, 3002−3010.
187. Piyali Mitra, Monoj Kumar Barman, Samita Basu, Somnath Das, Amitava Pramanik, and Amitava Patra
Interfacial Charge Transfer between Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles and Methyl Viologen: Influence of Size
ChemistrySelect 2017, 2, 9869– 9877.
186. Arnab Ghosh, Bikash Jana, SouravMaiti, Rajesh Bera, Hirendra N. Ghosh and Amitava Patra
Light Harvesting and Photocurrent Generation in a Conjugated Polymer Nanoparticle-Reduced Graphene Oxide Composite
ChemPhysChem 2017, 18, 1308 – 1316.
185. Sumana Kundu, P. Sarojinijeeva, R. Karthick, G. Anantharaj, G. Saritha, Rajesh Bera, S. Anandan, Amitava Patra, P. Ragupathy, M. Selvaraj, D. Jeyakumar and K. Vijayamohanan Pillai
Enhancing the Efficiency of DSSCs by the Modification of TiO2 Photoanodes using N, F and S, co-doped Graphene Quantum Dots
Electrochimica Acta 242 (2017) 337–343.
184. D. Paital, T. Sen, A. Patra, K.K. Haldar
Gold Bulletin, 2017, 50, 313-317.
183. K. K. Haldar, V. Y. Muley, S. Datar and Amitava Patra
Structural and electronic investigation of metal-semiconductor hybrid tetrapod hetero-structures
Gold Bulletin, 2017, 50, 105-110.
182. Sadananda Mandal and Amitava Patra
Porphyrin Based Functional Nanomaterials and Their Functionalities
Molecular Materials, Book Chapter, CRC Handbook, Molecular Materials, 2017, pp.29-55 (DOI: 10.1201/9781315118697-3)
181. Anuja Datta and Amitava Patra
Growth and Properties of Sulfide Semiconductor Nanostructures
Encyclopedia of Semiconductor Nanotechnology, American Scientific Publishers, USA, 2017, Vol. 3, Chapter 7, Page 235-251, Editor, Ahmad Umar.
180. Bikash Jana, Arnab Ghosh, Sourav Maiti, Dipankar Bain, Susanta Banerjee, Hirendra N. Ghosh and Amitava Patra
Size of CdTe Quantum Dots Controls the Hole Transfer Rate in CdTe Quantum Dots-MEHPPV Polymer Nanoparticles Hybrid
J. Phys. Chem. C 2016, 120, 25142−25150.
179. Bikash Jana, Santanu Bhattacharyya and Amitava Patra
Functionalized Dye Encapsulated Polymer Nanoparticle Attached with BSA Scaffold as Efficient Antenna Materials for Artificial Light Harvesting
Nanoscale, 2016, 8, 16034–16043
178. Bipattaran Paramanik, Dipankar Bain, and Amitava Patra
Making and Breaking of DNA-Metal Base Pairs: Hg2+ and Au Nanocluster Based Off/On Probe
J. Phys. Chem. C 2016, 120, 17127−17135.
177. Monoj Kumar Barman, Bipattaran Paramanik, Dipankar Bain and Amitava Patra
Light Harvesting and White Light Generation by Multistep Cascade Energy Transfer in Carbon dot- Dye Encapsulated BSA protein Capped Gold Nanoclusters Composite
Chemistry - A European Journal, 2016, 22, 11699 – 11705 (Hot Paper).
176. Bodhisatwa Mondal, Rajesh Bera, Sandip K. Nayak and Amitava Patra
Graphene Induced Porphyrin Nano-Aggregates for Efficient Electron Transfer and Photocurrent Generation
J. Mater. Chem. C, 2016, 4, 6027—6036.
175. Susmita Das, Tanay Debnath, Amrita Basu, Deepanwita Ghosh, Abhijit Kumar Das, Gary A. Baker, and Amitava Patra
Efficient White Light Generation from Ionically Self-Assembled Triply-Fluorescent Organic Nanoparticles
Chem. Eur. J. 2016, 22, 8855—8863.
174. Sadananda Mandal, Rajesh Bera, Bodhisatwa Mondal, Sandip K. Nayak and Amitava Patra
A Ternary System of Quantum Dot - Porphyrin - Semiconducting Organic Nanoparticles for Light Harvesting
Synthetic Metals 222 (2016) 76–83 (Invited paper for Special Issue Organic/Inorganic Hybrids).
173. Rajesh Bera, Sadananda Mandal, Bodhisatwa Mondal, Bikash Jana, Sandip K. Nayak and Amitava Patra
Graphene Oxide - Porphyrin Nanorod Composites for Solar Light Harvesting
ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng. 2016, 4, 1562−1568.
172. Bipattaran Paramanik, Sangita Kundu, Goutam De, and Amitava Patra
Structural Evolution, Photoinduced Energy Transfer in Au Nanocluster-CdTe QD Nanocomposites and Amino Acid Sensing
J. Mater. Chem. C, 2016, 4, 486 – 496
171. Valligatla Sreeramulu, Krishna Kanta Haldar, Amitava Patra, Narayana Rao Desai
Nonlinear optical switching and optical limiting in colloidal CdSe quantum dots investigated by nanosecond Z-scan measurement
Optics & Laser Technology, 2016, 84, 87–93
170. Dipankar Bain, Bipattaran Paramanik, Suparna Sadhu and Amitava Patra
On the Study of Surface Capping Role on Energy Transfer in Metal Cluster-Semiconductor Nanocomposites
Nanoscale, 2015, 7, 20697 - 20708
169. Sadananda Mandal, Rajesh Bera, Somnath Das, Sandip K. Nayak, Amitava Pramanik, and Amitava Patra
Photon Harvesting in Sunscreen-Based Functional Nanoparticles
ChemPhysChem, 2015, 16, 3618-3624.
168. Santanu Bhattacharyya, Bikash Jana, Sumanta Sain, Monoj Kumar Barman, Swapan Kumar Pradhan and Amitava Patra
Photo Switching and Thermo Responsive Properties of Conjugated Multi Chromophoric Nanostructured Materials
Small, 2015 11, 6317–6324.
167. Rajesh Bera, Simanta Kundu and Amitava Patra
2D Hybrid Nanostructure of Reduced Graphene Oxide - CdS Nanosheet for Enhanced Photocatalysis
ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2015, 7, 13251−13259.
166. Bikash Jana, Santanu Bhattacharyya, Amitava Patra
Conjugated Polymer P3HT /Au Hybrid Nanostructure for Enhancing Photocatalytic Activity
Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys, 2015, 17, 15392—15399.
165. Arik Kar, Sumanta Sain, Simanta Kundu, Arka Bhattacharyya, Swapan Kumar Pradhan and Amitava Patra
Function of Size and Shape on Photocatalytic Properties of SnO2 Nanocrystals
ChemPhysChem 2015, 16, 1017-1025.
164. Santanu Bhattacharyya, Bikash Jana, Amitava Patra
Multi-Chromophoric Organic Molecules Encapsulated Polymer Nanoparticles for Artificial Light Harvesting
ChemPhysChem, 2015, 16, 796-804.
163. Arik Kar, Simanta Kundu and Amitava Patra
Lanthanide-Doped Nanocrystals: Strategies for Improving the Efficiency of Upconversion Emission and Their Physical Understanding
ChemPhysChem (Minireview), 2015, 16, 505 – 521.
162. Simanta Kundu, Santanu Bhattacharyya and Amitava Patra
Photoinduced Energy Transfer in Dye Encapsulated Polymer Nanoparticle - CdTe Quantum Dot Light-Harvesting Assemblies
Mater. Horiz., 2015, 2, 60–67
161. Arik Kar and Amitava Patra
Recent Development of Core-Shell SnO2 Nanostructures and Their Potential Applications
J. Mater. Chem. C. (Feature article), 2014, 2, 6706–6722.
160. Santanu Bhattacharyya, and Amitava Patra
Interactions of p-Conjugated Polymers with Inorganic Nanocrystals
J. Photochem. and Photobiol. C: Photochemistry Reviews, (Review article) 2014, 20, 51–70.
159. V. Sreeramulu, Krishna Kanta Haldar, Amitava Patra*, D. Narayana Rao*
Nonlinear Optical Switching and Enhanced Nonlinear Optical Response of Au-CdSe Hetero-Nanostructures
J. Phys. Chem. C 2014, 118, 30333−30341.
158. Monoj Kumar Barman, Bikash Jana, Santanu Bhattacharyya and Amitava Patra
Photophysical Properties of Doped Carbon Dots (N, P and B) and Their Influence on Electron/Hole Transfer in Carbon Dots- Nickel (II) Phthalocyanine Conjugates
J. Phys. Chem. C. 2014, 118, 20034−20041.
157. Santanu Bhattacharyya, Monoj Kumar Barman, Avijit Baidya, Amitava Patra
Singlet Oxygen Generation from Polymer Nanoparticles-Photosensitizer Conjugates Using FRET Cascade
J. Phys. Chem. C. 2014, 118, 9733-9740.
156. Sadananda Mandal, Sandip K. Nayak, Sivaramakrishna Mallampalli, and Amitava Patra
Surfactant Assisted Porphyrin Based Hierarchical Nano/Micro Assemblies and Their Efficient Photocatalytic Behaviour
ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2014, 6, 130−136
155. Krishna Kanta Haldar, Simanta Kundu and Amitava Patra
Core Size Dependent Catalytic Properties of Bimetallic Au/Ag Core-Shell Nanoparticles
ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2014, 6, 21946−21953.
154. Sadananda Mandal, Simanta Kundu, Santanu Bhattacharyya, and Amitava Patra
Photophysical Properties of Ionic Liquid-Assisted Porphyrin Nanoaggregate-Nickel Phthalocyanine Conjugates and Singlet Oxygen Generation
J. Mater. Chem. C , 2014, 2, 8691–8699
153. Bipattaran Paramanik and Amitava Patra
Fluorescent Au-Ag Alloy Cluster Synthesis and SERS Applications
J. Mater. Chem. C, 2014, 2, 3005 – 3012.
152. Krishna Kanta Haldar, Simanta Kundu, and Amitava Patra
Non-radiative relaxation and rectification behavior of metal/semiconductor tetrapod heterostructures
Applied Physics Letters, 2014, 104, 063110-1-5.
151. Joyashish Debgupta, Sadananda Mandal, Hemen Kalita, Mohammed Aslam, Amitava Patra* and Vijayamohanan Pillai*
Photophysical and Photoconductivity Properties of Thiol Functionalized Graphene-CdSe QD Composites
RSC Adv, 2014, 4, 13788-13795.
150. Sumanta Sain, Arik Kar, Amitava Patra and Swapan K. Pradhan
Structural interpretation of SnO2 nanocrystals of different morphologies synthesized by microwave irradiation and hydrothermal methods
CrystEngComm, 2014, 16, 1079-1090.
149. Cristina Martin, Santanu Bhattacharyya, Amitava Patra*, and Abderrazzak Douhal*,
Single and Multistep Energy Transfer Processes within Doped Polymer Nanoparticles
Photochemical & Photobiological Sciences, 2014, 13, 1241-1252 . (with cover page).
148. Bipattaran Paramanik, Amrita Kundu, Krishnananda Chattopadhyay, Amitava Patra
Study of Binding Interactions between MPT63 Protein and Au Nanocluster
RSC Adv, 2014, 4, 35059-35066.
147. Sumanta Sain, Arik Kar, Amitava Patra and Swapan K Pradhan
Microsstructure and photoluminesce properties of ternary Cd0.2Zn0.8 S quantum dots synthesized by mechanical alloying
J Nanopart Res (2014) 16:2673
146. Geovana Webler, Maximiliano Zapata, Glauco S. Maciel, Amitava Patra, Jandir M. Hickmann and Marcio Alencar
Influence of impurities on the luminescence of Er3+-doped BaTiO3 nanophosphors
Journal of Nanomaterials, Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 708719, 9 pages.
145. Soumitra Satapathi, Mijanur Rahaman Molla, Santanu Bhattacharyya, Suhrit Ghosh, Amitava Patra,
Photophysical Study of P3HT/NDI Based Hybrid Nanoparticles
European Physical Journal D, 2014, 68:350.
144. Santanu Bhattacharyya, Suthari Prashanthi, Prakriti Ranjan Bangal and Amitava Patra
Photophysics and Dynamics of Dye Doped Conjugated Polymer Nanoparticles by Time resolved and Fluorescence Correlation Spectroscopy
J. Phys. Chem. C 2013, 117, 26750−26759
143. Krishna Kanta Haldar, Narayan Pradhan and Amitava Patra
Formation of Hetero-epitaxy in Different Shapes of Au-CdSe Metal-Semiconductor Hybrid Nanostructures
Small , 2013, 9, 3424-3432. With cover page
142. Bipattaran Paramanik, Santanu Bhattacharyya, and Amitava Patra
Detection of Hg2+ and F- ions using Fluorescence Switching of Quantum Dots in Au Cluster-CdTe QDs Nanocomposites
Chemistry-A European Journal, 2013, 19, 5980-5987.
141. Suparna Sadhu and Amitava Patra
A Brief Overview of Some Physical Studies on the Relaxation Dynamics and Förster Resonance Energy Transfer (FRET) of Semiconductor Quantum Dots (QDs)
ChemPhysChem, 2013, 14, 2641-2653. (Minireview)
140. Simanta Kundu, Suparna Sadhu, Rajesh Bera, Bipattaran Paramanik and Amitava Patra
Fluorescence Dynamics and Stochastic Model for Electronic Interaction of Graphene Oxide with CdTe QD in Graphene Oxide-CdTe QD Composite
J. Phys. Chem. C, 2013, 117, 23987-23995 (cover page).
139. Sunita Khanchandani, Simanta Kundu, Amitava Patra and Ashok K. Ganguli
Band Gap Tuning of ZnO/In2S3 Core/Shell Nanorod Arrays for Enhanced Visible-Light-Driven Photocatalysis
J. Phys. Chem. C, 2013, 117, 5558-5567.
138. Sadananda Mandal, Motiar Rahaman, Suparna Sadhu, Sandip K. Nayak, and Amitava Patra
Fluorescence Switching of Quantum Dot in Quantum Dot-Porphyrin-Cucurbit  Uril Assemblies
J. Phys. Chem. C, 2013, 117, 3069-3077.
137. Monoj Kumar Barman, Santanu Bhattacharyya and Amitava Patra
Steady State and Time Resolved Spectroscopic Study of C-Dots - MEH-PPV Polymer Nanoparticles Composites
Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys, 2013, 15, 16834-16840.
136. Arik Kar, Arnab Kundu, Santanu Bhattacharyya, Sadananda Mandal and Amitava Patra
Lanthanide Based Resonance Energy Transfer (LRET) between Ce-Doped LaPO4 Nanorods and Coumarin 440 Dye
RSC Adv., 2013, 3 (32), 13372 – 13380.
135. Sonalika Vaidya, Arik Kar, Amitava Patra and Ashok Kumar Ganguli
Core-shell (CS) Nanostructures and their applications based on magnetic and optical properties
Rev. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 2, 106-126 (2013) (Invited Review article).
134. Bipattaran Paramanik, Santanu Bhattacharyya, and Amitava Patra
Steady State and Time Resolved Spectroscopic Study of QD-DNA Interaction
J. Lumin, 2013, 134, 401-407.
133. Arik Kar and Amitava Patra
Recent Advances of Doping of SnO2 Nanocrystals for Their Potential Applications
Trans. Ind. Ceram. Soc. 2013, 72, 89-99. Invited Topical review article.
132. Tapasi Sen, and Amitava Patra
Recent Advances in Energy Transfer Processes in Gold Nanoparticle Based Assemblies
J. Phys. Chem. C 2012, 116, 17307−17317 (Invited Feature Article). (Top most read article) with cover page.
121. Arik Kar and Amitava Patra
Impacts of Core-Shell Structures on Properties of Lanthanide-Based Nanocrystals: Crystal Phase, Lattice Strain, Downconversion, Upconversion and Energy Transfer
Nanoscale 2012, 4, 3608-3619 (Invited Feature Article). (Journal’s Top 25 most-read and 20 most downloaded article ) with Cover page.
130. Sunite Khanchandani, Simanta Kundu, Amitava Patra, Ashok Ganguli,
Shell Thickness Dependent Photocatalytic Properties of ZnO/CdS Core-Shell Nanorods
J. Phys. Chem. C, 2012, 116, 23653-23662.
129. Suparna Sadhu and Amitava Patra
Lattice Strain Controls the Carrier Relaxation Dynamics in CdxZn1-xS Alloy Quantum Dot
J. Phys. Chem. C, 2012, 116, 15167-15173.
128. Sadananda Mandal, Santanu Bhattacharyya, Victor Borovkov, and Amitava Patra
Photophysical Properties, Self-Assembly Behavior, and Energy Transfer of Porphyrin-Based Functional Nanoparticles
J. Phys. Chem. C, 2012, 116, 11401-11407.
127. Krishna Kanta Haldar, Godhuli Sinha, Jouko Lahtinen and Amitava Patra
Hybrid Colloidal Au-CdSe Pentapod Heterostructures Synthesis and their Photocatalytic Properties
ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2012, 4, 6266-6272.
126. Santanu Bhattacharyya, Bipattaran Paramanik, Simanta Kundu and Amitava Patra
Energy/Hole Transfer Phenomena of Hybrid α-Sexithiophene (α-STH) Nanoparticle – CdTe QD Nanocomposites
ChemPhysChem. 2012, 13 , 4155-4162.
125. Krishna Kanta Haldar, Tapasi Sen, Sadananda Mandal and Amitava Patra
Synthesis and Photophysical Properties of Au-CdTe Hybrid Nanostructures with Varying Size and Shape
ChemPhysChem. 2012, 13, 3989-3996. Highlighted in News Item of ChemphysChem, 2012, 13, 3426-27.
124. Arik Kar, Simanta Kundu and Amitava Patra
Photocatalytic Properties of Semiconductor SnO2/CdS Heterostructure Nanocrystals
RSC Adv., 2012, 2, 10222-10230.
123. Arik Kar, Simanta Kundu and Amitava Patra
A Simple Approach to Generate Efficient White Light Emission from ZnO-Ionic Liquid Complex
RSC Adv., 2012, 2 (11), 4879 - 4885
122. Tapasi Sen, Santanu Bhattacharyya, Sadananda Mandal and Amitava Patra
Spectroscopic Investigations on the H-type Aggregation of Coumarin 153 Dye Molecules: Role of Au Nanoparticles and γ- Cyclodextrin
J. Fluorescence, 2012, 22, 303-310.
121. Simanta Kundu, Arik Kar and Amitava Patra
Morphology Dependent Luminescence Properties of Rare-Earth Doped Lanthanum Fluoride Hierarchical Microstructures
J. Lumin., 2012, 132, 1400-1406.
120. Santanu Bhattacharyya and Amitava Patra
Photoluminescence quenching of semiconducting polymer nanoparticles in presence of Au nanoparticles
Bull. Mater. Sci., 2012, 35, 719-725. (invited for a special issue).
119. Sonalika Vaidya, Amitava Patra and Ashok K Ganguli
Optical Properties of Ag@TiO2 and CdS@TiO2 core-shell nanostructures
Science of Advanced Materials, 2012, 4, 623-630. (invited paper for a special issue).
118. Santanu Bhattacharyya, and Amitava Patra
Energy Transfer from Semiconducting Polymer Nanoparticles to Metal Nanoparticles
Science of Advanced Materials, 2012, 4, 643-648. (invited paper for a special issue).
117. K. Zhang, T. Holloway, A. K. Pradhan, Y. Cui, P. Bhattacharya, A. Burger, A. Kar, and A. Patra
Synthesis and optical properties of Eu3+ and Tb3+ doped Gd2O3 nanotubes
Science of Advanced Materials, 2012, 4, 649-655. (invited paper for a special issue).
116. Tapasi Sen, Sadananda Mandal, Shubhasis Haldar, Krishnananda Chattopadhyay, and Amitava Patra
Interaction of Gold Nanoparticle with Human Serum Albumin (HSA) Protein Using Surface Energy Transfer
J. Phys. Chem. C, 2011, 115, 24037-24044 (back to back with no. 113).
115. Sadananda Mandal, Santanu Bhattacharyya, Victor Borovkov and Amitava Patra
Porphyrin-Based Functional Nanoparticles: Conformational and Photophysical Properties of Bis-Porphyrin and Bis-Porphyrin Encapsulated Polymer Nanoparticles
J. Phys. Chem. C, 2011, 115, 24029-24036.
114. Santanu Bhattacharyya, Bipattaran Paramanik and Amitava Patra
Energy Transfer and Confined Motion of Dyes Trapped in Semiconducting Conjugated Polymer Nanoparticles
J. Phys. Chem. C, 2011 115, 20832-20839.
113. Suparna Sadhu and Amitava Patra
Relaxation Dynamics of Anisotropic Shaped CdS Nanoparticles
J. Phys. Chem. C, 2011, 115, 16867-16872.
112. Godhuli Sinha, Subhendu K. Panda, Anuja Datta, Padmakar G. Chavan, Deodatta R. Shinde, Mahendra A. More and D.S. Joag and Amitava Patra
Controlled Growth of Well-aligned GaS Nanohorn Structures and Their Field Emission Properties
ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2011, 3 (6), 2130-2135.
111. Arik Kar, Simanta Kundu and Amitava Patra
Surface defect related luminescence properties of SnO2 nanorods and nanoparticles
J. Phys. Chem. C, 2011, 115, 118-124.
110. Tapasi Sen and Amitava Patra
Surface energy transfer between nanostructured gold and dye molecules
International Journal of Nanosciences, 2011, 10, 867-871.
109. Tapasi Sen and Amitava Patra
Steady State and Time Resolved Spectroscopic Study of Confined Dye inside γ-Cyclodextrin in Presence of Gold Nanoparticles
International Journal of Nanosciences, 2011, 10, 147-150.
108. Tapasi Sen, Sreyashi Jana, Subratanath Koner and Amitava Patra
Efficient Energy Transfer between Confined Dye and Y-Zeolite Functionalized Au Nanoparticles
J. Phys. Chem. C, 2010 114, 19667-19672.
107. Santanu Bhattacharyya, Tapasi Sen, and Amitava Patra
Host-guest energy transfer: Semiconducting polymer nanoparticles and Au nanoparticles
J. Phys. Chem. C, 2010, 114, 11787-11795.
106. Tapasi Sen, Krishna Kanta Haldar, and Amitava Patra
Quenching of confined C480 dye in presence of metal conjugated g-cyclodextrin
J. Phys. Chem. C, 2010, 114, 11409-11413.
105. Krishna Kanta Haldar, Tapasi Sen and Amitava Patra
Metal conjugated semiconductor hybrid nanoparticle-based fluorescence resonance energy transfer
J. Phys. Chem. C, 2010 114, 4869-4874.
104. Pushpal Ghosh, Arik Kar and Amitava Patra
Energy transfer study between Ce3+ and Tb3+ ions in doped and core-shell sodium yttrium fluoride nanocrystals
Nanoscale, 2010, 2, 1196-1202.
103. Suparna Sadhu, Krishna Kanta Haldar and Amitava Patra
Size dependent resonance energy transfer between semiconductor quantum dots and dye using FRET and kinetic model
J. Phys. Chem. C, 2010, 114, 3891-3897.
102. Arik Kar, Anuja Datta and Amitava Patra
Fabrication and optical properties of core/shell CdS/LaPO4: Eu nanorods
J. Mater. Chem. 2010, 20, 916-922.
101. Pushpal Ghosh, Arik Kar and Amitava Patra
Structural changes and spectroscopic properties of Ce3+ ion doped sodium yttrium fluoride nanocrystals: Influences of sonication and temperature
J. Phys. Chem. C, 2010, 114, 715-722. (back to back publication with no. 98).
100. Tapasi Sen, Sreyashi Jana, Subratanath Koner and Amitava Patra
Energy transfer between confined dye and surface attached Au nanoparticles of mesoporous silica
J. Phys. Chem. C, 2010, 114, 707-714. (Journal’s Top 20 most downloaded article)
99. Suparna Sadhu, M. Tachiya and Amitava Patra
A stochastic model for energy transfer from CdS quantum dots/rods (donors) to nile red dye (acceptors)
J. Phys. Chem. C 2010, 114, 2842. (addition/ correction).
98. Anuja Datta, Jagannath Paul; Arik Kar, Amitava Patra, Zhengliang, Sun, Lidong, Chen ; Joshua Martin, George Nolas
Facile Chemical Synthesis of Nanocrystalline Thermoelectric Alloys Based on Bi-Sb-Te Se
Crystal Growth & Design, 2010, 10, 3983-3989.
97. Pushpal Ghosh, Arik Kar and Amitava Patra
Structural and Photoluminescence Properties of Doped and Core-Shell LaPO4: Eu3+ Nanocrystals
J. Appl. Phys. 2010 108, 113506.
96. Kai Zhang, Hareesh Dondapati, Terence Holloway, Wei Cao, Arik Kar, Amitava Patra, Aswini K. Pradhan
Influence of morphological transformation on luminescence properties of europium-doped gadolinium oxide nanostructures
J. Nanophotonics, 2010, 4, 043517.
95. Pushpal Ghosh, Simanta Kundu, Arik Kar, K. V. Ramanujachary, Samuel Lofland, and Amitava Patra
Synthesis and Characterization of Different Shaped Sm2O3 Nanocrystals
J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 43 (2010) 405401 (7pp).
94. S. Vaidya, A. Patra and A. K. Ganguli,
CdS@TiO2 and ZnS@TiO2 core-shell nanocomposites: Synthesis and Optical Properties,
Collods & Surfaces A: Physicochem Engg. Aspects. 2010, 363, 130-134.
93. Godhuli Sinha, Umapada Pal, M. Herrera Zaldivar and Amitava Patra
Synthesis of α-GaO(OH) nanorods and their optical properties
J. Nanosci. & Nanotech. 2010, 10, 1982-1988.
92. Glauco S. Maciel, Márcio A. R. C. Alencar, Cid B. de Araújo and Amitava Patra
Upconversion emission of BaTiO3: Er3+ nanocrystals: Influence of temperature and surrounding medium
J. Nanosci. & Nanotech. 2010, 10, 2143-2148.
91. Sonalika Vaidya, Amitava Patra and Ashok Kumar Ganguli
Core-shell nanostructures and nanocomposites of Ag@TiO2: Effect of capping agent and shell thickness on the optical properties
Journal of Nanoparticle Research 2010, 12, 1033-1044.
(Please check complete publication list in academic profile for older publications)
Ultrafast Femtosecond Upconversion Setup
Solar Simulator and EQE measurement Setup
Nanosecond TCSPC Setup
Editorial Board Member
Total Invited talks given (National and International): 232
1. A METHOD OF PREPARATION OF A NOVEL SOL FOR DEPOSITION OF ELECTROCHROMIC TUNGSTEN OXIDE THIN FILMS AND ELECTROCHROMIC TUNGSTEN OXIDE THIN FILMS PREPARED THEREOF, D. Ganguli, A. Patra, K. Auddy and P.K. Biswas, Appl. No with date: 905/Del/2000 (06-10-2000).
2. A PROCESS FOR THE MANUFACTURE OF NANO-SIZE PURE AND DOPED BIVALENT METAL SULPHIDE NANOPOWDERS, SUBMITTED FOR FILLING TO CSIR IN DECEMBER, 2001 BY M. Chatterjee, M. Naskar and A.Patra (Ref. No. NF 499/2001, DATED 28/12/01.
 Dr. Anuja Datta (2008) DST Ramanujan Fellow, School of Applied & Interdisciplinary Sciences, Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, India.
 Dr. Godhuli Sinha (2008) Post Doctoral Researcher,Department of Applied Physics, Aalto University School of Science, Finland.
 Dr. Pushpal Ghosh (2009) Assistant Professor, Dr. Harisingh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar, MP, India.
 Dr. Paramita Saha Chowdhury (2009) Scientist, High Energy Materials Research Laboratory, DRDO, Pune.
 Dr. Tapasi Sen (2011) Scientist, Institute of Nano Science & Technology, Mohali, Punjab, India.
 Dr. Suparna Sadhu (2013) Assistant Professor, Sarat Centenary College, Dhaniakhali, Hooghly, WB, India.
 Dr. Krishna Kanta Haldar (2013) Assistant Professor, Central University of Punjab, Bathinda, Punjab, India.
 Dr. Arik Kar (2014) Assistant Professor (DST INSPIRE Faculty) - Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, Howrah, India.
 Dr. Santanu Bhattacharyya (2014) Assistant Professor at Department of Chemical Sciences, IISER Berhampur, India.
 Dr. Sadananda Mandal (2015) Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, University of Gour Banga, Mokdumpur, Malda-732103 West Bengal, India.
 Dr. Simanta Kundu (2016) Assistant Professor, Shibpur Dinobundhoo Institution College, Howrah.
 Dr. Bipattaran Paramanik (2017) Assistant Professor, New Alipore College, Kolkata.
 Dr. Monoj Kumar Barman (2018) Assistant Professor, Asutosh College, Kolkata
 Dr. Bikash Jana (2019) Post Doctoral Fellow, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Israel.
 Dr. Rajesh Bera (2019) Post Doctoral Fellow, ICFO-The Institute of Photonic Sciences, Barcelona, Spain.
 Dr. Dipankar Bain (2019) Post Doctoral Fellow, iLM & CNRS-University of Lyon, France.
 Dr. Arnab Ghosh (2020) Post Doctoral Fellow, Department of Chemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
 Dr. Bodhisatwa Mondal (2021) Scientific Officer, Geological Survey of India
 Dr. Subarna Maity (2022) Post Doctoral Fellow,University of Tokyo, Japan
 Dr. Avisek Dutta (2022) Post Doctoral Fellow,University at Buffalo, USA
 Dr. Goutam Ghosh (2022) Post Doctoral Fellow,TU Delft, Netherlands
 Dr. Srijon Ghosh (2023) Post Doctoral Fellow,Kyoto University, Japan
 Dr. Soumitro Satpathi (2014) Associate Professor, IIT Roorke-India
 Dr. Susmita Das (2017) Assistant Professor, Amity University, Kolkata-India
 Dr. Piyali Mitra (2018) Assistant Professor, Triveni Devi Bhalotia College,, Raniganj, West Bengal-India
 Dr. Soma Das (2019)
 Dr. Sumanta Sain (2019)
 Dr. Monojit Ghosal Chowdhury (2022) Faculty (NEET-JEE), Adamas International School, Kolkata-India
26th May, 2023: Mr. Srijon Ghosh is officially Dr. now. Congratulations on his thesis defense.
10th February, 2023: Mr. Soubhik Ghosh got award for best poster presentation in SMS Day’23 at IACS. Cheers!!
27th September, 2022: Mr. Goutam Ghosh is officially Dr. now. Congratulations on his thesis defense.
17th June, 2022: Mr. Avisek Dutta is officially Dr. now. Congratulations on his thesis defense.
22nd March, 2022: Ms. Subarna Maity is officially Dr. now. Congratulations on her thesis defense.
14th March, 2022: Ms. Anusri Medda and Mr. Srijon Ghosh got award for best poster presentation and best oral presentation respectively in SMS Day’22 at IACS. Cheers!!
8th March, 2022: Ms. Subarna Maity got prestigious Karnataka DST Nanoscience Fellowship award at 12th Bengaluru India Nano 2022.
17th December, 2021: Mr. Srijon Ghosh got ACS Applied Nanomaterials award for best oral presentation in ICANN’21 at IIT Guwahati. Cheers!!
11 th September, 2021: Dr. Arnab Ghosh got award for best oral presentation in Chem@Nano’21 at INST. Cheers!!
27 th August, 2021: Mr. Bodhisatwa Mondal is officially Dr. now. Congratulations on his thesis defense.
02 nd June, 2021: Prof. Patra delivers OSA fellow lecture.
26 th March, 2021: The Patra’s lab is extended!! The new lab at INST, Mohali is fully functional now.
12 th March, 2021: Dr. Arnab Ghosh got award for best oral presentation in SMS Day’21 at IACS. Cheers!!
23 rd December, 2021: Mr. Arnab Ghosh is officially Dr. now. Congratulations on his thesis defense.
2nd November,2020: Congratulations to Prof. Amitava Patra for securing place among world's Top 2% scientist 2020 with global rank 149 in Physical Chemistry (Ranking is based on C-score).
17th September,2020: Congratulations to Prof. Amitava Patra for being elected as a Fellow of the Optical Society of America by Board of Directors of The Optical Society (OSA).
1. Rare Earth Doped Nanocrystals for Upconversion and Downconversion
The fundamental understanding of lanthanide doped upconverted nano crystals remains a frontier area of research because of potential applications in photonics and biophotonics. Our focus is to study the influence of doping and co-doping concentration, crystal phase, lattice strain, crystal size of the host and core-shell structure on the luminescence properties of nanocrystals.
2. Decay Dynamics and Fluorescence Energy Transfer of QDs
Exciton dynamics on nanoscale systems often provide an insight into fundamental electronic properties of nanoscale systems which are related to size, shape and composition. We try to understand the influence of size, shape and composition on exciton dynamics of semiconducting nanocrystals. The quantum dots have finite size and shape which are relatively large compared to the dye molecules. Thus, the distribution of acceptor molecules around QD’s is an important issue to understand the kinetics of energy transfer because this would be a governing factor for efficient energy transfer.
3. Metal Nanoparticle Based Light Harvesting Systems
Au nanoparticle based energy transfer offers an exciting opportunity to overcome many obstacles and help to solve the challenging problems for future applications. Our focus on various aspects of energy transfer between dye molecule and Au nanoparticle, particularly focusing on the size and shape dependent energy transfer, understanding the interactions between bio-molecules (protein, DNA and RNA) with Au nanoparticle and the energy transfer between confined dye and Au nanoparticle. The designing of nanostructures materials with efficient energy transfer between confined dye in porous materials (mesoporous silica, zeolites and cyclodextrin) with Au nanoparticle are designed for light harvesting systems.
4. Metal-Semiconductor Heterostructures: Synthesis and Photophysical Properties
Metal - semiconductor heterostructures have become a frontier area of research due to exciton-plasmon interactions and potential applications. Our focus is to design metal semiconductor hybrid nanostructures which leads exciting opportunities to manipulate exciton dynamics for solar energy conversion.
5. Semiconducting Conjugated Polymer Nanoparticles for Artificial Light Harvesting
Self-assembled, organized multi-chromophoric conjugated organic moieties have now become one of the most promising photonic materials that can act as an efficient light absorbing antenna material where photo-induced energy transfer occurs towards acceptor dye molecules rapidly by various photo-physical processes (diffusion, hopping etc.). We study the impacts of the self assembled structures of p-conjugated semiconducting molecules on photophysical and photochemical properties. Furthermore, we are studying the energy transfer, electron transfer, charge transfer and interfacial charge transfer in the inorganic nanocrystals/polymer hybrid nanocomposites.
6.Porphyrin Nanostructures: Synthesis & Optical Properties Study
Well defined organic nanostructures of porphyrin are promising candidate towards photocatalysis, photovoltaics and electronics applications where photo induced energy or electron transfer process occurs. The electronic properties of the excitons of these structures can be engineered by tuning the packing of the molecules during aggregation. It is well known that J- aggregates are mimicking of the chlorophyll light-harvesting antenna complexes with a circle configuration of chromophores in the photosynthesis. We are trying to investigate the photophysical properties of various porphyrin nano structures for solar light harvesting.
7. Graphene Based Inorganic/Organic semiconductor Hybrid Systems
The discovery of Graphene opens up an opportunity to many researchers for developing new kind of graphene based architectures in the field of solar energy conversion and various optoelectronic devices. Our efforts are focused to design graphene-Semiconducting and graphene-porphyrin/polymer composite. These composites open up new possibilities in solar energy conversion, photovoltaic and various potential applications.
8. Carbon Dots Based Hybrid Nanomaterials and their Photophysical Properties
We are interested in studying and tuning the optical behavior of doped carbon dots and energy/charge transfer between C-dots with organic molecules and inorganic nanocrystals for the development of light harvesting system.
9. Metal Nanocluster: Synthesis and Luminescent Based Photophysical Properties
Metal nanoclusters (NCs) are ultrasmall particles below 2 nm in size, consisting of several to a hundred atoms. Due to strong quantum confinement, nanoclusters exhibit molecular-like properties, such as d–sp and sp–sp transitions, intense fluorescence and intrinsic magnetism. There are tremendous opportunities in applications of NCs in the field of photonics, biophotonics, catalysis and biomedicine. We try to understand the ligand effect on energy transfer of metal clusters and design metal cluster-QD composites for sensing applications.